It doesn't change since 1994. Some points are obsolete, or are
not very clear. On the contrary, the snake oil
chapter is up to date; it is a good introduction to cryptography.
The FAQ is posted every 21 days on
It is available on:
Click on the flag...
RSA Labs' FAQ
I just started a translation.
- The code breakers, David Kahn. Historic,
- Applied cryptography, Bruce
Schneier. For software writers: encyclopedic, but too few theory.
- Cryptography: theory and practice,
Douglas Stinson. More theory than in Schneier's book.
- Handbook of applied cryptography,
by Alfred J. Menezes, Paul C. van Oorschot and Scott
A. Vanstone. CRC Press (ISBN 0-8493-8523-7).
- Primality and cryptography, Evangelos
Kranakis. The state of the art in arithmetics. Highly
- Cryptography and data security, Dorothy
Denning. Only the first halt of the book speaks of
cryptography. It is a little old.
Last modified: Sun Jan 19 13:05:12 CET 2003